The school has a text messaging system that is used to contact families in emergency or school closure situations.
The school’s notification procedures
Notice - Emergency Procedures:
school has a messaging system that is used to contact families in emergency
or school closure situations.
The school’s notification procedures are:
- A phone app text message or email system – in the event of an emergency or school closure, we will send a phone app text or an email to advise of the situation at school & updates on opening dates / times
- A message will be placed on the main school phone & the school website advising parents of the situation at school
- Where possible, school closure messages will be placed on the Breeze radio station 0800 273393.
- The emergency telephone tree will be actioned, if no.s 1 – 3 above can’t be activated.
- Check with neighbours, friends if you think there is potential for the school to be closed but you haven’t been contacted – emergency communication can be tricky e.g. weather, earthquake
Checking Your Caregiver Details on the Parent Portal
If you need to check who you have nominated as your child’s caregivers then go to theschool website homepage and scroll down to the Parent Portal – click on this then clickon “My Child” then enter your log in details.