The school’s notification procedures
Checking Your Caregiver Details on the Parent Portal
- Important Notice – Emergency Procedures: The school has a messaging system that is used to contact families in emergency or school closure situations. The school’s notification procedures are:
- A phone app text message or email system – in the event of an emergency or school closure, we will send a phone app text or an email to advise of the situation at school & updates on opening dates / times
- A message will be placed on the main school phone & the school website advising parents of the situation at school
- Where possible, school closure messages will be placed on the Breeze radio station 0800 273393.
- Check with neighbours, friends if you think there is potential for the school to be closed but you haven’t been contacted – emergency communication can be tricky e.g. weather, earthquake
For these procedures to operate effectively, it is vital that we have the correct cell phone numbers / email addresses for all families please. In addition, during an emergency closure, the school bus driver will NOT drop off pupils at the bus stop / home gate unless their parent or caregiver is waiting there to collect them. They will bring the child back to school to be supervised here until their parent can collect them. If the school bus is unable to operate, then children will remain here at school until parents can collect their child. Children will only be permitted to be picked up by other parents if that parent is listed as a caregiver on our records. If you would like another parent to collect your child during an emergency closure then you, the parent, need to inform us of this person.