Perceptual Motor Programme (PMP)
(Body + Brain = Learning)
- PMP is a motor coordination programme for school age children.
- It is comprised of sequential movement activities across five different stations.
- PMP uses a range of fitness, balance, eye tracking, locomotion and eye/hand, eye/foot coordination activities.
- PMP aims to develop the child’s perception and understandings of himself or herself in relation to his/ her world, through movement/ motor experiences.
- It aims to develop perceptions of height and space, pattern and order, laws and limitations that govern the human body.
- PMP assists pupils’ Literacy & Numeracy skill development.
- Above all it aims to give the child confidence to manipulate him/ herself in their world.